The incumbent must have an in-depth understanding of business continuity management and governance frameworks, strong knowledge of business continuity best practices and protocols, operational risk management, and in-depth knowledge and expertise of the school’s operations, including IT practices.
1. Develop, maintain, implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures.
2. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly, and act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
3. Ensure established Crisis and Business Continuity management framework complies with International Crisis Management standards (BS 25999 or ISO 22399) and current best practice.
4. Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Schools -wide business continuity management program including development of tools and instructional guides, and testing programs for all crisis and disaster plans and risk management.
5. Contribute to establishing and maintaining program processes and practices which effectively ensure that the schools program remains current, and incorporates/aligns with the authorities’ standards and practices as appropriate, and adequately covers general regulatory requirements.
6. Advise / consult with necessary parties in formulating, reviewing and revising Crisis Management framework and associated policies, and procedures.
7. Supports and/or leads processes that support BCM governance requirements as part of the school’s operational risk framework to protect the schools and exploit opportunities.
8. Implement a risk management framework including risk policy, metrics and processes, ensuring their alignment with strategic objectives.
9. Identifying and evaluating risks and following up the risk treatment plan in coordination with all organizational units.
10. Ensures appropriate integration of requirements and information obtained from various sources including external regulators and Auditors.
11. Ensure schools Crisis and Business Continuity policy is communicated, understood and effectively implemented, and build awareness of risks among employees by providing support and training, and evaluating the means of publication periodically and regularly.
12. Documenting knowledge with all their types and participating with knowledge and exchanging it with keeping the information confidentiality.
13. Complying with applying the environment and occupational safety and health requirements and conditions.
14. Coordinating with the institutions of the best practices to make standard comparisons with them.
15. Manage budgets for business continuity resources.
16. Any new assignments by the direct officer as per the work developments.
The incumbent is preferable to possess the following skills and experience:
1. 5 to 7 years’ breadth of exposure to educational operations and technology environment within the Business Continuity Management.
2. Lead Auditor in Quality or Risk Management Systems.
3. Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
4. Solid knowledge of IT and Operations Audit Methodology
5. Highly developed relationship management, influencing and leadership skills.
6. Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches’ employees to meet high performance standards.
7. Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
8. Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
9. Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
10. Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
11. Strong writing and oral communication skills (Arabic & English).
1. Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
2. Internal Audit Certificate for Quality Systems 9001.
3. Risk Management Certificate ISO 31000 Certified.
4. BC Certified Specialist (BCCS).
5. BC Certified Auditor (BCCA).
6. Crisis Management Certified Specialist (CMCS)
7. DR Certified Specialist (DRCS)
Preferable Technical Competencies:
1. Risk Management
2. Quality Management
3. Analysis and studies
4. Economic acumen
5. Project management